Thursday, February 16, 2012

SUNSET CRUISE…

Once upon a time, I Chuang Tzu, dreamt I was a butterfly,
fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a 
butterfly, and was unconcious of my individuality as a man.
Suddenly I awaked, and there I lay, myself again. Now I do 
not know whether I was a man dreaming I was a butterfly, 
or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
                                                                                          Chuang Tzu
                                   Taoist Philosopher and Chinese Mystic
                                                                                             c. 330 B C.





SUNSET CRUISE

A burnt-orange fiery ball of a sun sizzled as it dipped into an aquamarine Gulf in the distance, as the golden orb of a  harvest moon peeked shyly at the fold of our vast ultramarine Atlantic, the cloud filled sky took on a glow of pastel shades ; same as those painted nine-teen-twenties art-deco hotels on Miami Beach, one-hundred and fifty miles to the north-east. The sixty-five foot catamaran was full of drifting sunburned faces sipping wine and beer which flowed in copious and generous amounts. The first mate, from Wilmington Delaware gave me a nod ; sunset cruise was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment