Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chicken Soup


Such stuff as dreams are made on
– Shakespeare

Chicken Soup

Dressed with carrots, corn and peas
So darned delicious; she brings me to my knees
Onions and okra adorn her too
She makes me feel good through and through

Tomatoes and barley bolster her stock
When I'm with her I don't watch the clock
Healing and happy I want her to see
She makes all pleasant as pleasant can be

I made her with heart; solely from scratch
Tasting so good I'm making the next batch
To have her to hold her to keep her around
 Is better than all night, any night, on the town

Her fragrance is rich she saves me a stitch
Her perfume is sweet  with nutritious meat
Embracing and loving and warm through and through
I'll make her forever, I'll make her for you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment